Is your home looking a little dull? Are you attracted to shiny metal objects? If so, you may want to consider adding some sparkle and shine to surface areas with mirrored accents and decorating ideas such as these:
1. Lighting: The obvious purpose of sconces, lamps and other sources of lighting is to illuminate a room. But you can double the effect with a fixture that features a mirrored base, shade or background. These shiny fixtures add a touch of glamour to a bedroom, sitting area, dining room, entryway or powder room.
2. Furniture: Don’t overlook your furniture when it comes time to add a bit of sparkle to a room. It is possible these days to find tables, night stands and chests of drawers with a mirrored finish. They can be sleek and modern or have an aged patina that might fit better in a traditional or eclectic space. A mirrored coffee table, for example, will brighten up any living room and not only reflect the light but also reflect your prized collectibles, flowers and books that are displayed on top of the table. Mirrors in the master bedroom are always romantic and it is possible to increase that affect with mirrored bedside tables or chest of drawers.
3. Accessories: There are many, many different accessories available today that feature a shiny mirrored finish. These include candlesticks, candelabras, lanterns, bowls, bookends, vases, trays, votive holders and frames. These decorative items will add a subtle hint of shine and reflection when they are placed on a bookshelf, table, mantle or sideboard.
4. Mirrors: We all know that wall mirrors can enhance a room’s décor by reflecting a beautiful view, making a dark room appear brighter and a small space appear larger. Why not double the drama with a wall mirror that features a frame of mirrored tiles or other reflective surface? A grouping of small mirrors will also add drama to your walls and is a nice alternative to traditional artwork.
5. Transform furniture: You can play hide and seek with water spots, cigarette burns and other minor surface damage with mirrors. Simply place a mirror that has been cut to size on top of a table, night stand or other surface that has seen better days. Voila! You instantly turn an eyesore into a trendy piece of furniture that is not only attractive but durable and easy to care for. Mirrors can be cleaned with a swipe of a cloth and will not stain.
Mirrored accents and furniture will brighten a dark space, reflect light and provide a bit of sparkle and shine to many areas of your home.