Metal wall art
While oil paintings and a family photo gallery are lovely ways to decorate your walls, you may want to consider unique metal wall art as an alternative. These pieces are available in a variety of shapes and sizes such as stars, sunbursts, snowflakes and flowing or geometric abstract designs that will add dimension and movement to your walls.
• When hung over the mantle, metal wall art will add color and texture to a fireplace. A flowing abstract design will soften the hard surfaces and edges of the fireplace and provide something that is pleasing to the eye.
• Add interest to a guest room or master bedroom with unique metal pieces hung over the headboard or dresser. A pretty starburst mirror will reflect the light and act as artwork at the same time.
• Metal wall items can be grouped together with photos or other interesting pieces to create a unique gallery effect in a hallway or on a large wall. For example, homeowners in the lone star state of Texas often feature a star in their homes. Group a collection of family photos together with a metal star to celebrate your home state or hang a star with a grouping of photos of the star quarterback or equestrian in your family.
Mirrors and clocks
Why hang an ordinary rectangular mirror on your wall when you can choose a framed mirror in unique shapes such as starbursts or snowflakes? An ordinary gallery clock becomes a unique piece of art with a face framed in metal. These unusual mirrors and clocks are not only attractive but they are functional as well.
• A fun sunburst mirror in the entryway makes it possible to take that final look before you walk out the door to make sure your scarf is on straight or your hair is combed. It also offers a friendly greeting to your arriving guests.
• Teenagers love unusual items. You can kill two birds with one stone by hanging a unique mirror that has been framed with a “cool” abstract metal design in your son’s bedroom. This not only acts as artwork in the space but just might encourage him to take a look in the mirror and maybe tuck in his shirt or hike up his pants. (Are we asking too much?)
• A grouping of unique metal framed mirrors is an affordable way to fill the space on a large expanse of wall. Celebrate the winter with snowflake shapes or combine the sun and stars in your little one’s celestial bedroom. The reflection of light will also brighten up a dark hallway, utility room or powder room.
• Add a bit of sunshine to your kitchen with a sunburst shaped gallery clock.
The next time you are in the market for artwork for your home, consider adding uniquely shaped metal wall art and clocks as an alternative to paintings and photographs.