Summer is just around the corner and there is no better place to be during the hot, humid months than sitting poolside. Just looking at the beautiful blue water will cool you off. There are several ways to create that perfect backyard “getaway” and allow you to lounge in style.
A place in the sun
Seating and other furniture is an absolute necessity for outdoor comfort and lounging. Options range from a simple chaise on the patio to a full set of outdoor furniture that includes a sofa, chairs, even outdoor lamps and rugs.
Indoor/outdoor fabrics make it possible to decorate your outdoor space as beautifully as you decorate your interior spaces. These fabrics are available in dozens of colors and patterns and are often stain and mold and mildew resistant. Let your personal style show through as you customize your outdoor “rooms” with lounge chair covers, umbrellas, toss pillows etc.
When do we eat?
Dining outdoors is one of life’s little pleasures; not having to worry about breaking glass when outside is another. For total comfort stock your cabinets with these items.
• Tervis tumblers and other acrylic drinkware: Tervis tumblers are insulated, keeping your drink nice and cold, and can be personalized in many fun ways. Wouldn’t Dad love a mug with his favorite sports team logo or his family nickname inscribed?
• The selection of outdoor dishes and flatware ranges from simple white that goes with everything to plates that actually mimic the look of Italian pottery. Polka dots, stripes and floral patterns are available to mix and match with solids in a rainbow of colors.
• Cup holders and can wrappers: These simple items will keep your canned drink cold and prevent that annoying little pool of water that forms under a cold drink.
Having everything you need at arm’s length is the key to relaxation.
• Towels are an obvious necessity. Stack them poolside in an attractive waterproof container so they are available as soon as you step out of the pool. They can also be hung on a towel rack designed specifically for use outdoors.
• Furniture cushions and outdoor accessories can be stored in a poolside cabana, making them easily accessible when you do retreat to the backyard for a day of relaxation. The cabana also offers a great place to store swimwear and outdoor clothing and creates a spot for a quick, and private, change.
All that is left to do now is to pick your favorite book, grab a cold drink and head to the pool for a day of lounging in style.